Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Paris Day 2 - The City of Gold

The second day in Paris, we went to Versailles, the City of Gold. It was definitely a stunning estate, but honestly, I expected it to be a little more over the top. I guess with all of the hype surrounding Louis and Marie-Antoinette, the City of Gold, and "let them eat cake," I was expecting this extremely decadent, glittery, over the top palace of gold. And while it was still awe inspiring, it just wasn't as over the top as I had anticipated. But here are a few fun pictures of Versailles...

Before Versailles, we stopped for croissants, the breakfast of champions -

Taking the train out to Versailles - Posing with Versailles in the background -

Walking through the gates of Versailles:

Versailles -

It has all glory of the France -

The Golden Gates of Versailles -

The gardens -




Each room had a set theme color. I thought this pink was very pretty.

The hall of mirrors -

Taking a picture of myself in the Hall of Mirrors -

I wouldn't mind sleeping in a bed like this -


Sarah and I decided to walk around the magnificent gardens -







Everything was stunning -
And then we met back up with Alecia and Jeff to head back into Paris to continue Day 2!

No comments: