Monday, June 23, 2008

Job Update

I have really been enjoying my placement in family law! So far I've seen domestic violence injunctions, child care proceedings, and visitation rights hearings. For this program we have to write weekly journals reflecting on our placements, and I noted last week that it was really nice to see the law being used to help and protect disadvantaged people. It's nice to feel like you are a part of something that's truly helping someone. Also, I love my mentor. She has been a mentor for the Syracuse Program for about 30 years, and she is amazing. She's great at making sure I know what's going on, and continually asks for my feedback and my impressions of the proceedings. She's also great at telling me fabulous places in London I must visit before I leave. So far, I'm giving this placement an enthusiastic thumbs up!

No comments: