Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Petticoat Lane and Brick Lane

On Sunday I ventured out to Petticoat Lane and Brick Lane. Petticoat Lane is this street that goes for blocks and blocks that consists of outdoor stands. Basically anything you think you might want to buy, they have. There are clothes, suits, shoes, pashminas, sunglasses, towels, fabrics, pillows, food, etc, etc, etc. And we only made it down a portion of it!

Petticoat Lane:


I am disappointed because this picture does not do it justice! Try to visualize what you see here times about a million other buyers, sellers and products.


Brick Lane (pictured below) is known in London for it's Indian Food. We went there for lunch after a little shopping at Petticoat Lane. It's quite the experience. You're walking down the street, and the restaurant owners are hanging out the doors saying "Free bottle of wine with your meal!", "Free bottle of water with your meal!" We finally settled on the "Two free bottles of wine and 25% off!" LOL. I felt like people were bidding for me to have lunch at their restaurant! This was my first experience with Indian food, and I quite liked it. I, along with most of the other girls, got the Chicken Tikka Masala - delicious.

No comments: