Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Working Girl

Yesterday I started my job at Coram Chambers. I met up with my mentor at 11:30 and sat in on a scheduling conference. In a scheduling conference, the judge and each of the parties (in this case the mother, the father, and the local authorities/guardian) discuss when the hearings and trial will take place, and they also discussed costs regarding the mother's psychological evaluation. Afterwards, as well as today, I began to read through the files of the trial coming up at the end of the week so I'll have an understanding of what's going on in court. This is my first experience with family law, and let me tell you, it can be difficult. The stories are all very, very sad. But also it makes me glad that there are people who are fighting for the well being of the children.

After my first day of work:


And ready for my second day!

No comments: